Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Science Modules

The first year I taught 7th grade, which was three years ago, I had no idea how to teach biodiversity and invasive species.  I was stumbling around the internet when I discovered a website that had great science modules for the topics I needed to teach.  This website is from the University of Florida Center for Precollegiate Education and Training. It is known as SPICE. Spice is a five year project funded by the National Science Foundation. Many of the modules have an ecosytem theme.  Most have various lessons complete with powerpoints and printables.  The modules I use are Biodiversity, who cares? and Invasive Species.  If you are a science teacher I would definitely check it out here at the link below.
http://www.spice.centers.ufl.edu/Modules.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs