I was trained as a geologist so I will be commenting on some "You might be a geologist if..." statements to see if they are accurate! Here it goes.
You might be a geologist if...
1. You think recent events are anything that happened at least 100,000 years ago.
Yep this is right.
2. Your rock collection takes up more shelf space than your family photos.
True, I try to keep some family photos around too.
3. You can pronounce molybdenite correctly on the first try.
True. I think my first word was molybdenite!
4. You don't think of "cleavage" the same way everyone else does.
Very true. 7th graders like this word!
5. You have intentionally taken a 15-passenger van over "roads" intended for cattle.
My professors did this all the time. It's called a field trip!
6. You own more than half of the "Roadside Geology" books.
I actually own 3 of these but I wish I owned more.
7. You feel compelled to examine the gravel in other people's driveways.
True. My last post showed a rock in my grandmother's yard, actually.
8. You think road cuts are tourist attractions.
9. Your map for your next road trip is marked with the locations of a series of interesting roadcuts.
True. That's what the Roadside Geology books are for.
10. You get upset when movies have glaring geological inaccuracies and point them out to everyone in the theater.
*cough*cough* Dante's Peak!
What is Teachers Pay Teachers?
2 days ago