Wednesday, June 27, 2012

How to Survive a Road Trip!

Everyone is out of school for the summer and it's time to get out of town and go on a road trip!  The destination may be wonderful, but sometimes getting there with kids can be a trial!  I was surfing through Pinterest for ideas and discovered a wonderful post by "The Dating Divas."  They have some incredibly cute stuff for road trips as well as some free printable games and labels.  The post can be found here:
http://www.thedatingdivas.com/tara/the-road-trip-date/

Here is a picture of the state license plate game and some caramel corn I made for my kid's trip to San Diego.  Please notice the very cute label!


The post at The Dating Divas has other great ideas to pass the time in the car that would work very well for kids.  I am going to include my grandma's recipe for caramel corn here because it is to die for!  My grandma used make it in Colorado and chipmunks used to climb her window screens to get it!


Caramel Corn

1 cup brown sugar
1 stick margarine
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 tsp. butter flavoring
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Cook above for 2 minutes and pour over 6 quarts of popcorn in a paper grocery bag.  I usually add some caramel and then shake the bag before adding more.  Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.  Shake bag.  Microwave for 1 minute.  Shake bag.  Repeat one more time.  I let my caramel corn cool on a baking sheet before putting it in a container.  Enjoy!  

2 comments:

Shana said...

I just discovered your blog and am your newest follower! I have also awarded you the One Lovely Blog award so stop by and get it when you get a chance.

Shana
Enchanted with Technology

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs