Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rovers






My class began building their Mars Rovers last week.  As you can see they are pretty amazing.  Whenever I give this type of "create whatever you want" assignment, I am always amazed with what students can come up with.  I didn't even think they would bring in materials.  I give them some of their decorations, but the majority of the project comes from recycled materials they would normally get rid of at home.  The day we started building, I was driving to work and saw all these students with boxes walking to school.  I thought, "Oh my goodness, this is all coming into my classroom!"  I'll have to post some pictures of my mess of a classroom in a later post! 

The rover above was created by three boys in my first hour.  They need to paint their treads this weekend but other than that it is a fine example of what 7th graders are capable of when allowed to have some free will!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs