Friday, March 4, 2011

Picture Notes

One of the best ways to teach plate tectonics is with picture notes.  The teachers draws, the students draw, and everyone understands. One site that I have found that has great picture notes for plate tectonics is:
http://geology.com/nsta/
Click on plate tectonics guidebook in the text underneath the picture.  Drawing pictures to teach plate boundaries and subsequent landforms is the easiest way I know to get the content across. I used to draw these on my white board while I discussed each picture.  I have since gone to a powerpoint but I don't think it has the same effect as drawing them by hand.  Your students will understand plate boundaries much easier if you try it this way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs